Monday, September 5, 2011

Back to basics, a list of my favorite Gluten Free favorites!

The Basics!

When I first discovered that I was looking towards a gluten free life, I must admit I felt nervous. My first thought was, "I will never eat another twinkie!" ( It had been over 20 years since I had had a Twinkie, so not sure why that made me scared.)


Then I started thinking of all my favorite things I like to eat like pasta, crackers, cookie's - oh how I love cookies! I would also miss the pre made pie crusts, ice cream cones, pizza, cookouts- who has a cookout with no hamburger buns? The more I thought the more I missed and the more I missed the more I CRAVED! Like the crazed pregnant women of my past, I wanted to eat everything on my "Do Not Eat" list. As a result I went hunting at the local grocery store, Trader Joe's, Co-op and Whole Foods. To my surprise and excitement I would be able to enjoy all my favorites and with a few modifications I could make all my favorite recipes! Life was going to continue being good!


Cookies: Pamela's Shortbread or Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip

Glutino: Chocolate Vanilla Creme Cookies - The GF Oreo!Homemade peanut butter cookies - (see post for recipe)

King Arthur's Basic Cookie mix

Breakfast Bars: Glutino Apple or Blueberry

Pamela's Whenever Bars: ALL Flavors

Pancakes/ Waffles: Van's GF, Pamela's Pancake Mix, GF Bisquick GF mixBob's Red Mills Pancakes(Tip- I find that all the GF Pancake's turn out too cake-like. I always add extra milk until batter is more runny, this produces a thinner pancake)

Breads/ Bagels: Udi's - Bread, Buns, Bagels, Rudi's and King Arthur's Bread Mix - the most important part is a great bread pan, I love USA pans they are sturdy and produce a great product.***Bagel recipe in the making***

Breadcrumbs: Glutino Corn Bread Crumbs

Breadcrumbs for stuffing: - make bread crumbs from scratch

No comments:

Post a Comment